2010-09-30

Where this is going

This drawing I'm working on at Signal is less about questions of where
to go (the last project at north fitzroy library was very responsive to
the library environment - engaging in questions, research and dialogue as the
subject for the work), and more about playing out an idea. Composing
and constructing something in a more specific way. The brief for this work was to
create an unexpected environment and I have chosen to highlight
'weeds', I am very interested in what it means to be a weed and for
weeds to grow, peoples intense reactions towards them by ripping them
out and labeling as bad. Weeds are part of evolution, they grow really
well in cities and don't require tending or sympathy, they are autonomous. I am also
inspired by the incredible nutrition of the so called 'wild edibles'
and interested in them as not only valid and cheap but a super nutritious food
source. I explore weeds as food on a daily basis and I think that it
raises some interesting questions. In this work I am exploring

No comments: